Network Security Podcast, Episode 83By Rich
Martin returns in this episode as we discuss a bunch of totally unrelated security news, from security camera screen savers to breaking into data centers with movie-style techniques:
- DIY WiFi antenna reception boosters - I really built a pair of these, and they really do work
- Masked thieves storm into Chicago colocation (again!)
- I’m vulnerable to Identity Theft - Thanks a lot HMRC - Fellow security blogger David Whitelegg was a victim of his own government.
- Vontu purchased by Symantec for $350 million - No link, but I’m sure you’ll get several in your morning security newsletters.
- SalesForce.com compromised by phishing attacks - Brian Krebs has two very good articles on this (so far)
- Deconstructing the Fake FTC e-mail virus attack
- SalesForce.com acknowledges data loss
- Screensaver displays security cam images
- SurveillanceSaver Alpha
- WabiSabiLabi founder arrested in Italy
- Tonight’s music: Reverse Engineering by +nurse